- Founded 1985
- Acquired by Intel to form Intel LANDesk from 1991 to 2002
- 2002 – 2006 Standalone Company
- 2006 – Acquired by Avocent (Datacenter tools, KVM etc)
- 2008 – Avocent Acquired Touchpaper (ITSM)
- 2008 – Acquired by Emerson (Energy, Manufacturing, Technology)
- 2010 – Bought by Thoma Bravo
The Thoma Bravo software portfolio also includes Flexera Software. A mashup of LANDesk (which includes Touchpaper) and Flexera (which includes Managesoft) would make quite a powerhouse.
The word on the street in the UK channel is that it’s very much business as usual and no significant structural changes are planned. Keep calm and carry on.
I see this being a good move for LANDesk. Emerson is an über-conglomerate with fingers in all sorts of pies. The LANDesk division, despite being a key player in the IT Management space, was probably just background noise within the Emerson portfolio.