Express Metrix have picked up the 2008 CODiE award for “Best Asset Management Solution”. The award was based on “the solution that best audits and managed software audits”. Express Metrix beat off Centennial Software‘s SAM Suite, Dell (ASAP Software)’s Esmart, Novell’s ZENworks Asset Management and TriActive’s Systems Management On Demand.
The winners were keen, in what seems to be an open attack at their competitors weaknesses, to state that their software was;
- “NOT a complex infrastructure product that requires weeks or months to deploy”
- “NOT been acquired by a large company whose primary focus lies elsewhere”
- “We do NOT lack comprehensive support for critical—and ubiquitous—technologies such as Citrix and WTS”
- “We do NOT lack application control functionality that’s vital in proactively managing license compliance and security risk”
- “We are NOT a SaaS solution. Our customers prefer to maintain direct control of their IT asset data”
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also the founder of ITAM Forum, a not-for-profit trade body for the ITAM industry created to raise the profile of the profession and bring an organisational certification to market. On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
He is also the author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management. In addition, Martin developed the PITAM training course and certification.
Prior to founding the ITAM Review in 2008 Martin worked for Centennial Software (Ivanti), Silicon Graphics, CA Technologies and Computer 2000 (Tech Data).
When not working, Martin likes to Ski, Hike, Motorbike and spend time with his young family.
Connect with Martin on LinkedIn.