- SWID Technologies – ‘Best Practices – The Process of Identifying Your Software Assets’
- SWID Technologies – ‘How to get significant value from Microsoft’s SMS discovery data’
- TagVault – ‘Lower Costs with Certified Software Identification Tags’
- IET Solutions – ‘Decrease Your Software Costs with Entitlement-based Software Asset Management
- Siwel Consulting – Best Practices for Software Contract Negotiations
- INDUSTRY NEWS
- New case studies from ITAM Vendor Certero including Nice-Pak International, Gentoo Group and Xentrall
- Express Metrix – Preview of Express Software Manager 9.5
- BigFix – 2010 IT Dinosaur Contest – Video your failing IT Systems Management System and win $1,000. (Nice idea for a contest but try getting that past your boss for approval – “I’m just going to take a video of our expensive system that doesn’t work and tell the world about it so I can win $1,000 – Is that OK?”)
- KACE – Reveals Top 2010 Predictions In Systems Management – “Windows 7 Helps the Industry Forget Vista While Apple Strengthens Its Grip on the Enterprise”
- Gartner – Highlights Key Predictions for IT Organizations and Users in 2010 and Beyond
- “In 2012, 60 percent of a new PC’s total life greenhouse gas emissions will have occurred before the user first turns the machine on.”
- “By 2014, most IT business cases will include carbon remediation costs.”
- “By 2012, 20 percent of businesses will own no IT assets.”
- Converge – Converge expands Singapore facility to provide IT asset disposition services
If you have some news to share for the monthly Industry News Round-Up please contact me.
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also the founder of ITAM Forum, a not-for-profit trade body for the ITAM industry created to raise the profile of the profession and bring an organisational certification to market. On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
He is also the author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management. In addition, Martin developed the PITAM training course and certification.
Prior to founding the ITAM Review in 2008 Martin worked for Centennial Software (Ivanti), Silicon Graphics, CA Technologies and Computer 2000 (Tech Data).
When not working, Martin likes to Ski, Hike, Motorbike and spend time with his young family.
Connect with Martin on LinkedIn.