The ITAM Review was 18 months old in May. A continued big thank you to all the readers, contributors and supporters who have helped the site grow.
Below is a summary of the hottest topics plus a snapshot of the site statistics:
Most Popular Articles*
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager SAM Add-Ons (January 2009)
- Agent Vs Agentless (May 2009)
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide (March 2010)
- IT Asset Disposition Best Practice: Selling IT Assets Prior to Decommissioning (August 2009)
- What is IT Asset Management? (September 2009)
- Ten Leaks In Your Software Management Process (April 2009)
- Ten Things To Consider Before Signing Your Next Microsoft Agreement (March 2009)
- ITAM: A Prerequisite for Building a CMDB (Part 1/6) – “Houston, we have a problem!” (November 2009)
- Microsoft Licensing Quick Guide (November 2009)
- Licensing in Virtual Environments – Six Steps to Containing Costs (April 2009)
Most Popular Pages*
- 48% Traffic From Search Engines (94% Google, 3% Bing, 2% Yahoo)
- 25% From Referring Sites
- 27% Direct Traffic
- ~ 45% End Users
- ~ 40% Resellers/Partners, Consultants, Trusted Advisors
- ~ 15% Software Vendors
Top Ten Visitor Locations (Total of 151 Countries)*
- US (38%)
- UK (22%)
- Denmark (4%)
- Canada (4%)
- Germany (4%)
- India (3%)
- Netherlands (3%)
- Australia (3%)
- Sweden (2%)
- Others (17%)
*By number of visitors November 1st 2008 to June 1st 2010.
** Based on The ITAM Review reader survey.
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management.
On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
Learn more about him here and connect with him on Twitter or LinkedIn.