The ITAM Review is two years old this month.
A continued big thank you to all the readers, contributors, clients and supporters who have helped the site grow.
In the last year The ITAM Review has:
- Published c. 100 Articles and Updates
- Distributed Twelve Monthly Newsletters
- Launched The ITAM Review Membership
- Reviewed 17 Market Leading SAM Tools
- Published ‘The SAM Starter Kit’ by Sandi Conrad
- Published ‘Negotiating with Microsoft’ by Daryl Ullman
- Launched The ITAM Review Forum
- Launched a new Vendor Directory
- Sponsored the ‘2010 Best Use of Tags’ Contest
Into Our Third Year…
Provisional Plans for our third year:
- International Partner Directory
- Further Research and Analysis for Members
- Industry Columnists
ITAM Review Visitor Statistics
Below is a summary of the hottest topics plus a snapshot of the site statistics:
Most Popular Articles*
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager SAM Add-Ons (January 2009)
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide (March 2010)
- Agent Vs Agentless (May 2009)
- Quick Guide to IBM Licensing
- IT Asset Disposition Best Practice: Selling IT Assets Prior to Decommissioning (August 2009)
- What is IT Asset Management? (September 2009)
- Microsoft Licensing Quick Guide (November 2009)
- ITAM: A Prerequisite for Building a CMDB (Part 1/6) – “Houston, we have a problem!” (November 2009)
- Ten Things To Consider Before Signing Your Next Microsoft Agreement (March 2009)
- License Management Trends (March 2010)
Most Popular Pages*
- 48% Traffic From Search Engines (94% Google, 3% Bing, 3% Yahoo)
- 24% From Referring Sites
- 28% Direct Traffic
Social Networking (% of total traffic from social networking sites)
- LinkedIn 83%
- StumbleUpon 10%
- Twitter 4%
- Facebook 3%
- ~ 45% End Users
- ~ 40% Resellers/Partners, Consultants, Trusted Advisors
- ~ 15% Software Vendors
Top Ten Visitor Locations (Total of 151 Countries)*
- US (45%)
- UK (27%)
- Canada (5%)
- Germany (5%)
- India (5%)
- Denmark (4%)
- Netherlands (4%)
- Australia (4%)
- Sweden (2%)
- France (2%)
*By number of visitors November 1st 2008 to October 31st 2010.
** Based on The ITAM Review reader survey.
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also the founder of ITAM Forum, a not-for-profit trade body for the ITAM industry created to raise the profile of the profession and bring an organisational certification to market. On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
He is also the author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management. In addition, Martin developed the PITAM training course and certification.
Prior to founding the ITAM Review in 2008 Martin worked for Centennial Software (Ivanti), Silicon Graphics, CA Technologies and Computer 2000 (Tech Data).
When not working, Martin likes to Ski, Hike, Motorbike and spend time with his young family.
Connect with Martin on LinkedIn.