6th Annual Pan-European Conference – Strategic Software Asset and License Management 2011
‘Avoiding under and over licensed software to save costs, continuous improvement of SAM, global and enterprise-wide SAM’
The Conference Will Present Case Studies on Cutting Edge Topics such as:
- The continuous development of SAM – pitfalls and challenges when implementing SAM; How and where to save expenses?
- Over and under licensed software: How to find the right balance?
- The global direction for Software Asset Management: Service orientation and enterprise-wide optimisation
- Cloud computing and its effect for SAM
- The SAM project: from automatisation, inventory, identification and asset models to compliance, asset lifecycle, tools and processes
- Optimised usage of software assets, software metering and transparence to cut costs within SAM
- How to create models and standardisation in a central SAM system
- 2nd hand licenses: Is it possible to use them legally?
Hilton Berlin, Germany
23rd & 24th February 2011
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also the founder of ITAM Forum, a not-for-profit trade body for the ITAM industry created to raise the profile of the profession and bring an organisational certification to market. On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
He is also the author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management. In addition, Martin developed the PITAM training course and certification.
Prior to founding the ITAM Review in 2008 Martin worked for Centennial Software (Ivanti), Silicon Graphics, CA Technologies and Computer 2000 (Tech Data).
When not working, Martin likes to Ski, Hike, Motorbike and spend time with his young family.
Connect with Martin on LinkedIn.