TagVault Software Identification Summit – Agenda
The summit is designed to bring the various software ecosystems members together to develop solutions to the persistent and expensive problem of software identification.
Fundamental changes to existing processes are necessary and beneficial to all stakeholders. Be prepared to listen, learn and voice your opinions.
- Day 1—Summit — $75 facilities fee for invited guests
- 8 AM—Registration, coffee and morning snacks
- 9 AM—Presentations by customers, publishers, tool providers
- Lunch provided
- 5 PM—7 PM—Vendor Showcase, drinks and appetizers provided
- Day 2 (Optional) — Training—End-user use of SWID Tags
- Fee based training—$500 or training token required per student
- Learn how to use SWID tags today for any software product
- Students receive TagVault.org Tag Creation and signing tool and TagVault.org SWID Tag certification specification
TagVault is a non‐profit program of IEEE‐ISTO with a focus on improving software identification procedures for the entire software ecosystem. TagVault.org has created tools and services to provide registration, certification and digital signing and validation processes for all market segments. All members of the Software ecosystem are positively impacted by this effort as described below:
Herndon, VA – very close to the Dulles Airport (IAD), USA
- 4th May 2011 – Summit
- 5th May 2011 – Training (Optional)
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management.
On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
Learn more about him here and connect with him on Twitter or LinkedIn.