This article is for all the vendors I work with throughout the course of the year. Product Managers and Pre-Sales Consultants working at software publishers are busy and expensive people. They would not share their precious time and expertise if I was reviewing their products in the privacy of my home for my own amusement (although some would…).
This article outlines who reads the ITAM Review, what is popular and how many people visit. The more stuff that gets shared, the more gets read, the more gets read, the more leverage there is to share more…
In a nutshell: ~30K Monthly Visits, Average Visitor, 43 year old American Male managing 24,527 Assets.
Steady as She Goes
Growth remains steady. Traffic has doubled every year. 8.2K – 16.3K – 31.5k.
- 54% Search Engines (94% from Google, 49,388 Keyword Variants from 180 Countries)
- 22% Direct Traffic
- 20% Referring Sites
Social Media Sources*
Of Social Media Sources, traffic comes from
- 83% LinkedIn
- 7% Twitter
- 6% StumbleUpon
- 4% Facebook
- 55% End Users
- 35% Resellers/ Partners, Consultants, Trusted Advisors
- 10% Software Vendors / ISVs
Most Popular Site Areas*
- Software Asset Management Category
- IT Asset Management Category
- Software Licensing Category
- Vendor Directory
- Inventory Discovery Group Test
- Latest News
Top 10 Most Popular Articles*
(excluding licensing guides which are most popular)
- Microsoft SCCM SAM
- Market Synopsis Enterprise tools
- System Center Adds ons
- Software Authorisation Template
- Market Synopsis Mid Market Tools
- The Best SAM Tools
- Inventory Discovery
- SAM Tools Market Share Analysis
- Asset Naming Conventions
- IT Asset Management: How to Bring Value
Virtual User Group***
- Average Age: 43
- Female 34% Male 64%
- Average 24,527 Assets Managed
- See also: further VUG analytics
* Google Analytics Nov 2009 – Nov 2011
** via Surveys
*** Virtual User Group Analysis of 200 Members
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management.
On a voluntary basis Martin a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
Learn more about him here and connect with him on Twitter or LinkedIn.