…Within the Software Asset Management Strategies Europe 2012 a number of representatives from considerable companies from different industrial sectors will present their strategies, processes and systems solution and will talk about specific projects in the field of transparent and efficient Software Asset Management in different case studies. Attendees will discuss about individual solutions and practical approaches. Defining fundamental roles, functions and processes in a company, up to determining tools for software metering and even large-scale projects as concerted establishment of software asset management in companies will be debated….
- Structuring license agreements and company-wide coordination of software procurement processes to meet specific requirements
- Efficient management and reporting of software licenses
- Legal background, recent court decisions, national and international trends and tendencies
- IT-based enterprise SLM: From theory to working practice
- Tools, reporting solutions and licensing models under scrutiny
- Benefits and risks of using open source and used software
- Balancing over and under licensing
- Management of server licenses ‒ Challenges and solutions
- Virtualization and software as a service ‒ simplification or even more complexity?
- Impact of cloud computing in licensing
- Software asset and license management in dynamic and distributed enterprise environments
- Authorization and software metering in virtualized environments
NB: All presentations will be in English.
- Nicola Aliperti, Global IT Project Manager Marketing Europe, The Coca-Cola Company / Italy
- Jörg Stehlin, Global Project Lead IT Procurement, Zurich Insurance Company Ltd. / Switzerland
- Hans Winckens, Global Software Asset Manager, Philips International B.V. / The Netherlands
- Rachel Dean, Global Software Asset Manager, AstraZeneca Plc. / UK
- Adrian Seiler, Head of IS Services & Systems, ABB Ltd. / Switzerland
- Alvaro Perez, Global Software Asset Manager, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd / Spain
- Diane Tea, Principal Category Manager – IT SCM, Vodafone Sarl / Luxembourg
- Prentice Dees, Senior Vice President, Information Technology, Bank of America Corp. / USA
17th – 18th September 2012
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management.
On a voluntary basis Martin a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
Learn more about him here and connect with him on Twitter or LinkedIn.