I am looking forward to attending the EMEA version of the Gartner ITAM summit next month.
“Great value for money, great networking, recommended event.” – my review from 2012.
This year the EMEA theme is “Creative Destruction: Destroy Legacy Costs, Create New Value”
“The market forces of supply and demand are colliding more spectacularly than ever, threatening a cost eruption for those who fail to change. Don’t be stalled by past purchase decisions. Gain a new perspective and drive your organization forward!”
The four key tracks are:
- Make Finance Sustainable
- Create Value Through Asset Management
- Build Strategies to Defeat Cost Escalation
- Overcome Barriers to Effective Vendor Management
In particular I’m looking forward to the sessions on Managing Mega-Vendors, License Management in the Cloud and Vendor Management (Agenda PDF here). The summit will also be held in Orlando, Florida.
If you happen to be in London for the summit there is also a SAM Networking event in Covent Garden the night before (British Computing Society Events).
See you there!
Gartner IT Financial, Procurement & Asset Management Summits
- EMEA: Park Plaza Westminster Bridge, London
- AMERICAS: Hilton Orlando, Orlando, FL.
- EMEA: 11th – 12th September 2013
- AMERICAS: 25th – 27th September 2013
- EMEA Summit Page: http://www.gartner.com/technology/summits/emea/financial-procurement/agenda.jsp
- AMERICAS Summit Page: http://www.gartner.com/technology/summits/na/financial-procurement/
Guest keynote speaker for the EMEA Summit is Beau Lotto, Neuroscientist and Artist. See his perception jarring TED talk below:
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management.
On a voluntary basis Martin a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
Learn more about him here and connect with him on Twitter or LinkedIn.