In June of this year, we will be kicking off a special feature dedicated to SAP Licensing and SAP License Management.
The feature will include guides, opinion as well as reviews of SAM products suitable for managing SAP licensing.
This is our fourth deep dive feature aimed at large software publishers and follows similar deep dives into Adobe and Oracle Licensing, as well as Microsoft Licensing which will soon be published:
Also coming in 2014 with be a similar feature on IBM.
The purpose of these deep dive features is to help our readers understand the pitfalls of SAP licensing and correctly navigate and mitigate the risks of SAP audits and SAM Reviews. For this reason we will also be building a special area of The ITAM Review dedicated to SAP.
Unlike other technology reviews we have conducted in the past this feature and review includes the following:
- We will focus specifically on functionality to support management of SAP licensing
- We will integrate the product reviews alongside guides, opinion and resources specifically aimed at assisting with SAP licensing
The aim of the review is to showcase functionality available in the market to support management of SAP licensing. The criteria is as follows:
- Discovery and recognition of SAP products and instances.
- Suite and Family product recognition
- Suite, product line or version optimization / identify overlap or redundancy
- Features to support the management of SAP license records and / or contracts
- Features to reduce SAP licensing spend
- Features to help manage the nuances of SAP agreements and licensing
- Managing SAP in the Datacentre and Virtual Environments
Please note: The assessment criteria are just a starting point; they tend to flux and evolve as we delve into products and discover unique features and leading edge innovation. Identifying key competitive differentiators is a higher priority than the assessment criteria.
Vendors who wish to participate in this SAP feature and product review should contact us directly. We also welcome feedback from readers on what they would like to see included in the review.