Thank you to everyone that participated in the reader survey last month.
I’m pleased to share the results below based on 233 participants.
Key talking points
- Growing integration with ITSM away from finance
- Clear gender divide in average salaries and significant differences by type of company and country
- Experience in the field wins
- Software licensing and SAM are key worldwide hiring priorities
- Skills shortage – it is taking time to fill roles
- IAITAM most popular qualification or certification
10 Minute Video Summary: ITAM Review 2014 Salary Survey – The Results
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also the founder of ITAM Forum, a not-for-profit trade body for the ITAM industry created to raise the profile of the profession and bring an organisational certification to market. On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
He is also the author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management. In addition, Martin developed the PITAM training course and certification.
Prior to founding the ITAM Review in 2008 Martin worked for Centennial Software (Ivanti), Silicon Graphics, CA Technologies and Computer 2000 (Tech Data).
When not working, Martin likes to Ski, Hike, Motorbike and spend time with his young family.
Connect with Martin on LinkedIn.