The ITAM Review Podcast Episode 2
Hosted by Martin Thompson and David Foxen of The ITAM Review.
In this podcast we explore Microsoft licensing, audit behaviour and SAM reviews.
- Redmond Channel Partner. Study: Microsoft Is Most ‘Aggressive’ Software Auditor
- A Microsoft EA is no longer a defence against audits
- Partner led audits and data sharing
- Use of MAP tool from Microsoft and false data reporting
- Every £1 invested in the UK SAM Review process generates £28 of license revenue
- Express Metrix audit industry report
- The biggest source of licensing complexity and audit risk with Microsoft
- Outsourcing SAM
- The data required to support a Microsoft agreement.
You can listen to the recording on SoundCloud here:
ITAM Review and ITSM Review Feeds
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management.
On a voluntary basis Martin a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
Learn more about him here and connect with him on Twitter or LinkedIn.