The ITAM Review Podcast Episode 2
Hosted by Martin Thompson and David Foxen of The ITAM Review.
In this podcast we explore Microsoft licensing, audit behaviour and SAM reviews.
- Redmond Channel Partner. Study: Microsoft Is Most ‘Aggressive’ Software Auditor
- A Microsoft EA is no longer a defence against audits
- Partner led audits and data sharing
- Use of MAP tool from Microsoft and false data reporting
- Every £1 invested in the UK SAM Review process generates £28 of license revenue
- Express Metrix audit industry report
- The biggest source of licensing complexity and audit risk with Microsoft
- Outsourcing SAM
- The data required to support a Microsoft agreement.
You can listen to the recording on SoundCloud here:
ITAM Review and ITSM Review Feeds
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also the founder of ITAM Forum, a not-for-profit trade body for the ITAM industry created to raise the profile of the profession and bring an organisational certification to market. On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
He is also the author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management. In addition, Martin developed the PITAM training course and certification.
Prior to founding the ITAM Review in 2008 Martin worked for Centennial Software (Ivanti), Silicon Graphics, CA Technologies and Computer 2000 (Tech Data).
When not working, Martin likes to Ski, Hike, Motorbike and spend time with his young family.
Connect with Martin on LinkedIn.