Check out this video from David Foxen introducing our new YouTube channel – aiming to provide informal bite-sized summaries of all the latest news and resources in the ITAM market.
Let your voice be heard – let us know what you would like covered on the ITAM Review and what you need help with. Simply contact us using this form or directly using the social profiles below.
Out and About
The team are out and about at the ITAM Events in London and Berlin listed below this week – come and say hi!
SAMS Europe 2014
SAMS Europe Conference returns on the 17-19th September in Berlin. The event is focused on SAM management strategies and features topics such as:
- License Management and Software Metering in Virtualized Environments
- Management of Server Licenses – Challenges and Solutions
- Compliant and Efficient Management and Reporting of Software Licenses
- Benefits and Risks of Using Open Source, Used Software and Global Software Pooling
Our very own David Foxen will be facilitating an “Icebreaker” session on how “communication and education within SAM is key”. This will take place on Wednesday, September 17 in the Checkpoint Bar at the Maritim proArte (conference hotel). David will be discussing the current lack of communication int
ernally within SAM projects, how to address this, and how educating end users on what SAM is of huge benefit. Be sure to attend!
David will also be in Berlin for the duration of the event, and is also presenting the awards ceremony on Thursday September 18th. If you’d like to meet with him 1:1 then simply get in touch!
- WHAT: SAMS Europe 2014
- WHEN AND WHERE: 17-19 September, 2014, Martim Proarte Hotel, Berlin, Germany
- BOOKING: Online
Gartner IT Financial, Procurement & Asset Management Summit 2014
The European version of Gartner’s ITAM Summit returns to London this week. Glenn Thompson, Mark Flynn of the Campaign for Clear Licensing and I will be attending. Come and say hello.
- “Control, optimize and reduce costs
- Assert compliance and protect against audits
- Elevate and mature vendor management programs
- Hands-on negotiating skills with vendor advice
- Jumpstart key ITAM and procurement concepts”
- WHAT: Gartner IT Financial, Procurement and Asset Management Summit 2014
- WHEN AND WHERE: 17-18 September, Lancaster London, Hyde Park, London, UK W2 2TY
- BOOKING: Online
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also the founder of ITAM Forum, a not-for-profit trade body for the ITAM industry created to raise the profile of the profession and bring an organisational certification to market. On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
He is also the author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management. In addition, Martin developed the PITAM training course and certification.
Prior to founding the ITAM Review in 2008 Martin worked for Centennial Software (Ivanti), Silicon Graphics, CA Technologies and Computer 2000 (Tech Data).
When not working, Martin likes to Ski, Hike, Motorbike and spend time with his young family.
Connect with Martin on LinkedIn.