This article provides a summary of the visitor analytics for the ITAM Review over the last twelve months (see also ITSM Review reader analytics).
First of all, a sincere thank you to our readers, contributors and followers for your continued support. Our humble little blog served up ITAM content to a mind-boggling 481,968 readers in the last twelve months from just about every country on the planet. This articles provides a high level summary of the hot topics and reviews that are proving popular on the ITAM Review.
ITAM Review Reader Analytics: Where do visitors come from?
Top 10 visitors by country:
- United States 41.17%
- United Kingdom 14.00%
- India 6.60%
- Germany 3.83%
- Canada 3.36%
- Australia 3.25%
- Netherlands 2.19%
- France 2.09%
- Sweden 1.31%
- Singapore 0.91%
- Long tail of 200 other countries 21.29%
New visitors to The ITAM Review arrive via search engine, word of mouth or social networks. Our top 10 external sources of visitors are as follows:
- ITAM Review Newsletter
- The ITSM Review
Other ITAM sites also send us visitors, here are the ten largest contributors by volume:
- Flexera Software
Social sharing is important for spreading our content, here are the top 10 social sources with approximate % of volume:
- LinkedIn 71.57%
- Twitter 18.97%
- Blogger 3.44%
- Facebook 1.73%
- Disqus 1.06%
- reddit 0.88%
- WordPress 0.51%
- Scoop.it 0.44%
- Google+ 0.35%
- Pocket 0.18%
What are visitors looking for?
Top 10 ITAM related practice and process related searches (Top 10 of over 100,000 search terms)
- IT Asset Management
- IT Asset Management Process
- SAM certification
- SAP Licensing
- Oracle Licensing Guide
- SAP License Audit
- Software Asset Manager Job Description
- IT Asset Management Best Practices
- What is Asset Management
Top 10 vendor or tool related search terms:
- Snow Software
- HP DDMI
- SCCM Asset Management
- SAM Tool Comparison
- SCCM Limitations for Software Asset Management
- Frontrange Discovery
- License Dashboard
Most Popular Reads
Top 20 most popular articles by volume of impressions in the last twelve months:
- SAP Licensing Guide [Moshe Panzer]
- Oracle Licensing Guide [Mark van Wolferen]
- IBM Licensing Guide [Koen Dingjan]
- Microsoft Visio KMS Keys like to install most expensive version by default [Filipa Preston]
- Microsoft SPLA Licensing Guide [Rich Gibbons]
- Symantec Licensing Guide [Matt Marnell]
- System Center 2012 Licensing [Don Retallack]
- Salesforce.com Licensing Guide [Jon Mulligan]
- Pros and Cons of Adobe CC [Vincent Brasseur]
- MSDN Licensing Guide [Kylie Fowler]
- Dissecting the Microsoft Audit Letter [Martin Thompson]
- Using Microsoft SCCM for SAM [Martin Thompson]
- IT Asset Naming Conventions [Nir Dvir]
- Gartner MarketScope for the IT Asset Management Repository 2013 [Martin Thompson]
- Joiners and Leaver Process [Rory Canavan]
- Open Source ITAM Software [Martin Thompson]
- Building your ITAM Roadmap [Mara Zeldin]
- Oracle Podcast [Martin Thompson]
- Adobe Licensing Quick Guide [Patrick de Veer]
- CSAM Training Review [David Foxen]
Many of the articles above were not published in the last twelve months. The most popular articles are the perennial, always useful guides based on real life experience.
Many expect that blog posts disappear after the initial bubble of social media, but for many ITAM Review articles the opposite is true.
See the monthly views for Moshe Panzer’s SAP Licensing Guide, over 1,000 visitors a month for three years. (13,422 last twelve months, 38,094 since publication).
Product reviews also stick around receiving readers several years after publication. See the visitors to this review of HP’s inventory capabilities in 2011. Receiving a steady 500 visitors a month for three years!
Most Popular Product Reviews
Top 20 most popular product reviews by volume of impressions in the last 12 months:
- HP for Inventory and Discovery
- ServiceNow for Inventory and Discovery
- Inventory and Discovery Summary
- Microsoft SCCM (ConfigMgr) Plug-Ins Group Test
- Snow Software for SCCM
- BDNA for Inventory and Discovery
- SAM Managed Service Provider Group Test
- Oracle License Management Group Test
- Flexera for SAM
- HP for SAM
- ServiceNow for SAM
- Provance for SCCM
- FrontRange for Discovery and Inventory
- Numara Footprints for Inventory and Discovery
- Nexthink for Inventory and Discovery
- License Dashboard for SAM
- 1e for SCCM
- BDNA for SCCM
- License Dashboard for SCCM
- 1e for SAM
If you have any questions or would like to see any topics covered on the ITAM Review please contact us.
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also the founder of ITAM Forum, a not-for-profit trade body for the ITAM industry created to raise the profile of the profession and bring an organisational certification to market. On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
He is also the author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management. In addition, Martin developed the PITAM training course and certification.
Prior to founding the ITAM Review in 2008 Martin worked for Centennial Software (Ivanti), Silicon Graphics, CA Technologies and Computer 2000 (Tech Data).
When not working, Martin likes to Ski, Hike, Motorbike and spend time with his young family.
Connect with Martin on LinkedIn.