SAM Skills Workshop
The SAM Skills workshop is a free to attend, joint event brought to you by BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT and The ITAM Review.
Run over an afternoon, starting over an informal lunch, we invite you to join us for an independent SAM Skills workshop that will discuss the very latest skills requirements for SAM professionals and network with peers.
You’ll learn from The ITAM Review team on how to assess the maturity of your SAM organization, how the SAM certifications from BCS address the complexity of this key business practice and participate in SAM roundtable workshops where you’ll be able to put your SAM skills to the test and learn from peers.
Key topics include
- Business skills and building the SAM business case and reputation of the SAM department
- Licensing skills and learning the key fundamentals for strategic vendors
- Audit defense skills and preparing your organization for audit requests
Speakers & Workshop Leaders
Thank you to our speakers and workshop leaders for supporting us with this event.
- Martin Thompson – Owner and Founder, The ITAM Review
- Gemma Walker – Senior Consultant at Livingstone Tech
- Dave Kelsey – ITAM and ITSM, BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT
- Rory Canavan – Owner and Founder, SAM Charter
- Greg Hallam – SAM Business Manager at SoftwareOne UK
SAM Skills Workshop Summary
- Who? BCS and ITAM Review
- What? Half day SAM Skills Workshop
- When? 14th July 2015, 1pm – 5pm
- Where? BCS, 1st Floor, The Davidson Building, 5 Southampton Street, London, WC2E 7HA Maps
- How? Free of Charge, but, please book your place via the BCS online booking system. Book Online https://events.bcs.org/book/1617/
UPDATE: Please note the BCS CMSG SAM Networking event will follow immediately after the SAM Networking event. You will need to book separately for this event. Details here: https://events.bcs.org/book/1634/
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management.
On a voluntary basis Martin a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
Learn more about him here and connect with him on Twitter or LinkedIn.