This is a call for tool manufacturers to participate in our independent assessment of the Enterprise SAM tools market.
We are well overdue a market-wide comparison of SAM tools.
We last did a comprehensive comparison of SAM tools in 2011. See ‘Market Synopsis for Enterprise SAM Tools 2011‘.
In comparison to our recent reviews of specific tools or specific use cases – This review is a broad competitive comparison of market leading Software Asset Management (SAM) tools for large enterprises.
Our goal is an independent review and comparison of the market leaders, identify key competitive differentiators between tools and see where the market is heading.
Enterprise SAM tools review guidelines:
- There is no charge for participation
- Results will be published on The ITAM Review
Results will based on key competitive differentiators identified during the study and customers satisfaction scores:
- Key competitive differentiators will be aligned to the six categories in our SAM Tool Buyers guide.
- Customer satisfaction scores will be sourced from our sister site: Tools Advisor.
- Participating vendors must complete this initial market sizing survey
- Participating vendors must have at least 5 published end user customer reviews on Tools Advisor.
- Completion of market sizing survey – End of February 2016
- 5 Tools Advisor customer reviews published – End of March 2016
- Completion of briefings / interviews – End of March 2016
- The winner will be announced at our New York Tools Day on the 5th May 2016
- Publication on the ITAM Review –
May 2016June 2016
The following suppliers have expressed an interest in participating:
- Snow Software
Invited but not participating
(I’ll update this list as we develop our final shortlist and vendors respond). We welcome others who meet our criteria.
Last updated: Tuesday 15th March 2016.
Thanks in advance to those vendors who participate. I’m looking forward to an interesting review. If you have any questions please shout.
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management.
On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
Learn more about him here and connect with him on Twitter or LinkedIn.