We’ve got a lot planned in 2016.
This is a quick round up of our plans for research, reviews and events for the year.
Independent open research projects covering the ITAM market.
- The role of the big four audit firms in the software industry (in conjunction with the Campaign for Clear Licensing)
- Software vendor audit activity – revisiting our previous research from 2010
- Salary Survey 2016 – revisiting our 2014 salary survey to monitor salary performance in the ITAM industry
- ITAM integration – digging into tangible examples in the field of ITAM being embedded across the whole IT department (ITSM, Procurement, Security and so on)
Competitive product reviews for a specific use case.
- Enterprise SAM Tools – underway here
- Datacentre Discovery Tools – discovery and inventory tools for datacentre environments (Datacentre, Virtual/Cloud, Environmental measurement / configuration for Windows, Linux, Unix)
- ServiceNow SAM Plug-Ins – The $BN dollar ITSM platform doesn’t do SAM – so which tools can help?
- SCCM Plug-Ins – revisiting our previous SCCM group test from 2012
- SaaS Consumption – Tracking SaaS / Services consumption (User/Ownership / Consumption)
Notes on Group Tests:
- There is no charge to participate in Group Tests
- Suppliers will need a listing on Tools Advisor to participate (no charge)
- Suppliers will need at least five (5) published reviews from customers on Tools Advisor (again, no charge) to participate
Key ITAM Review Events
- 12 Box Training Course – Monthly through 2016
- Audit Defence Workshop – Amsterdam, April
- New York Tools Day – May
- USA Conference, Florida, September – details to follow
- UK Conference, South East UK, October – details to follow
- UK Tools Day, London, November
If you have any questions please contact us or leave a comment below. Thanks, Martin
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management.
On a voluntary basis Martin a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
Learn more about him here and connect with him on Twitter or LinkedIn.