Eric Chiu is our go to guy on IBM licensing. In this video I picked his brains on IBM software audits.
- Who starts an IBM audit?
- IBM audit activity levels and key targets
- IBM sub-capacity – the low hanging fruit for IBM revenue
- What is sub-capacity?
- IBM License Measurement Tool (ILMT)
- The role of Deloitte and KPMG
- IBM online resources
Come and meet Eric and other audit defence specialists at our Audit Defence Workshop on 12th April in Amsterdam.
Other ITAM Review resources on IBM software audits and IBM licensing you might find useful:
- IBM Licensing Quick Guide 2010
- IBM Licensing Quick Guide 2015
- Podcast, getting started with IBM Licensing
- How IBM customers get caught out with Licensing
- IBM auditors target compliance revenue per customer – Three strategies to tackle IBM software waste head-on
- IBM Virtualization, five hidden costs
- Secret IT Manager, Our IBM audit experience
- IBM ILMT Inaccuracies and Objections to use
- Event coverage – 2015 London IBM and SAP Seminar
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also the founder of ITAM Forum, a not-for-profit trade body for the ITAM industry created to raise the profile of the profession and bring an organisational certification to market. On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
He is also the author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management. In addition, Martin developed the PITAM training course and certification.
Prior to founding the ITAM Review in 2008 Martin worked for Centennial Software (Ivanti), Silicon Graphics, CA Technologies and Computer 2000 (Tech Data).
When not working, Martin likes to Ski, Hike, Motorbike and spend time with his young family.
Connect with Martin on LinkedIn.