We launched a new forum at the start of the year, this is a quick update on progress so far.
As we stated in January, it can be anonymous if you want it to be, tagged and moderated. It also features rating so the good stuff rises to the top.
Thank you to everyone that has contributed so far.
ITAM Review Forum Performance
- 62 Questions
- 241 Answers
- 173 Users (35 Asking, 60 Answering)
- 23,000 visitors (January to March ’16)
- Only one remaining unanswered question (Opinions on EasyVista for SAM)
Top 10 contributors with the highest reputation:
- Andrew Harcourt (Portugal)
- David Foxen (UK)
- Martin Thompson (UK)
- Deepika (India)
- Steve O’Halloran (Canada)
- Ian Fischer (UK)
- Piaras Macdonnel (Ireland)
- Gemma Walker (UK)
- Kristopher Wong (Canada)
- Kylie Fowler (UK)
Top three most up-voted contributors for most useful contributions:
- Matt Fisher on Communicating the purpose of ITAM to end user customers
- Receccarcoss on Snow, Aspera, iQuate or Flexera – Any advice on how to select
- Steve O’Halloran on Microsoft SAM Review – compulsory?
Top 10 most visited
- IBM ILMT inaccuracies and objections to use
- Snow, Aspera, iQuate or Flexera – any advice on how to select?
- Audit data – only using machines reporting in the last 30 days
- SAM Certification Paths
- Microsoft SAM Review – compulsory?
- What is the average number of full time resources needed for SAM according to company size?
- Oracle on VMware Mars vs Oracle Case Study
- Communicating the purpose of ITAM to end users
- Experienced legal defence against Micro Focus Attachmate Audits
- Starting SAM from scratch what would you do
Thanks again to everyone that has contributed. Ask questions and explore here:
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management.
On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
Learn more about him here and connect with him on Twitter or LinkedIn.