UPDATE: Event cancelled due to insufficient interest.
A public event to discuss ISO/IEC ITAM Standards
Working Group 21 (WG21), the group that develops ITAM standards, is hosting an industry summit to share the latest developments in standards and provide an opportunity for worldwide ITAM practitioners to connect to, and interact and share their feedback with, the people who have created, and are developing the ITAM standards.
- Get up to speed on the very latest in ITAM standards developments from the people making them happen
- Learn of existing practical usage and real life implementation of ITAM Standards
- Provide your feedback on the current ITAM Standards and future plans
- Hear from all industry stakeholders including end user customers, software publishers and tool manufacturers
- Network with ITAM industry peers
|0900 – 0930||Registration, coffee and networking|
|0930 – 0935||Welcome and open (Martin Thompson)|
|0935 – 1000||Opening address, ITAM Intro and 19770-5 (Roger Cummings, Convenor, ISO/IEC IT Asset Management WG) and David Phillips, Convener & UK Technical Expert – IST15 IT Asset Management Panel 00/09|
|1000 – 1015||19770-1 Standard (David Bicket, 19770-1 Co-Editor)|
|1015 – 1030||19770-1 Implementation Experience (Rory Canavan)|
|1030 – 1040||Questions|
|1040 – 1055||19770-2 Standard (Steve Klos, 19770-2 Editor)|
|1055 – 1110||19770-2 Implementation (Michael Godsey, TAGVault Chair & Microsoft)|
|1110 – 1120||Questions|
|1120 – 1140||Refreshment break|
|1140 – 1155||19770-3 Standard (Jason Keogh, ISO19770-3 Editor)|
|1155 – 1210||19770-3 Implementation (Sean Day)|
|1210 – 1220||Questions|
|1220 – 1235||19770-4 Standard (Brian Turner, 19770-4 Editor)|
|1235 -1250||19770-4 Implementation (Piotr Godowski, IBM)|
|1250 – 1300||Questions|
|1300 – 1345||Lunch Break|
|1405 – 1435||Workshop: Business Case for 19770 standards (Steve Klos and Michael Godsey)|
|1435 – 1505||Workshop: What to do next – resources and education (Peter Beruk & Ron Brill)|
|1505 – 1530||Refreshment break|
|1530 – 1600||Open forum / Q&A and event closing|
Please note: This event is organised by Working Group 21 (WG21), a voluntary group. This is not a commercial or sponsored event. The event space has been kindly donated by the British Computing Society (BCS).
- What: ITAM ISO Standards Summit
- Who: ISO/IEC JTC 1 SC 7 WG21, the ITAM standards group
- Where: BCS Offices, Southampton Street, London
- When: Friday 18th November 2016, 9.30am – 4pm
- How: UPDATE: Event cancelled due to insufficient interest.
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management.
On a voluntary basis Martin a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
Learn more about him here and connect with him on Twitter or LinkedIn.