We discuss the role of data quality in ITAM and the potential increase in scope for the ITAM market as more and more devices come online.
- The role of data verification in modern ITAM – the business case and financial impact of bad data
- Where does CMDB finish and ITAM start?
- Perfect visibility of networks
- AirTrack Data quality fundamentals (What are my priorities, what do I need to measure, what sources of data do I need, how do I assess the accuracy of that data)
- Data quality – breadth versus depth
- Pandora’s box and the trough of ITAM disillusionment
- Smart toasters, electronic testing of smart devices / managing asset risk and cost outside the IT department
- Is Internet of Things to ITAM what Outside IT is for ITSM?
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also the founder of ITAM Forum, a not-for-profit trade body for the ITAM industry created to raise the profile of the profession and bring an organisational certification to market. On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
He is also the author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management. In addition, Martin developed the PITAM training course and certification.
Prior to founding the ITAM Review in 2008 Martin worked for Centennial Software (Ivanti), Silicon Graphics, CA Technologies and Computer 2000 (Tech Data).
When not working, Martin likes to Ski, Hike, Motorbike and spend time with his young family.
Connect with Martin on LinkedIn.