We published 112 articles in 2016, which ones got read the most by ITAM Review readers?
Top 20 most popular published in 2016
- Mars Inc. sue Oracle over audit tactics
- Enterprise SAM tool market share analysis
- Enterprise SAM tool customer satisfaction scores
- Audit Defence Checklist – Nice to have, negotiable or non-negotiable terms
- ServiceNow enters SAM market by the backdoor, upsets partners
- Introducing the 12 box training course
- Beginner’s guide to IBM software audits
- Infographic: ITAM Process Steps, from inventory to SAM
- ITAM Process Maturity Self Assessment Guide
- Call for participants: Enterprise SAM Tools Review
- Building the business case for ITAM
- SAM Tools Universe report published
- Beware secondary software FUD
- Automating asset request: Cheat sheet
- Quick guide to ITAM tools strategy
- Quick guide to building a three year roadmap
- Nominees announced for ITAM Excellence Awards
- Publisher tool certifications and SAM tool selection
- The importance of IT Asset Lifecycle Management
- Basic ITAM metrics and red flags for auditors
NB: The top performing article published in 2016 was 32nd overall, i.e. The back catalogue sticks around and gets a lot of eyeballs.
Most popular categories
- Software Asset Management
- IT Asset Management
- Software Licensing
- Vendor Directory
- ITAM Review Training
- SAM Tools Universe
Most Popular Overall (Published since 2008)
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide (2014) > 25,000 visits in 2016
- Quick guide to Asset Tagging (2014)
- SAP Licensing Guide (2015)
- Windows 10 Licensing: What you need to know (2015)
- Alternatives to Oracle Database (2015)
Golden oldies – Highest performing per year from the archive
- 2008 – SAM Analyst Job Description
- 2009 – ITAM: A Prerequisite for Building a CMDB (Part 2/6) – “The Link between ITAM and ITSM”
- 2010 – SAP Licensing Guide
- 2011 – Asset naming conventions
- 2012 – How to build your ITAM roadmap
- 2013 – Microsoft Visio KMS Keys like to install most expensive version by default
- 2014 – Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- 2015 – SAP Licensing Quick Guide
2017 Plans – Subject Wishlist?
Our wish list of topics for 2017 is published here: 2017 call for speakers (See the ITAM in the cloud era section)
How do we determine what goes on the wish list?
You tell us.
The wish list was devised from the reader survey conducted in October 2016 whereby we asked:
- “What do you need help with?” and
- “What do you want to see from The ITAM Review in 2017?“
Have we missed a topic? Please let me know in the comments or get in touch.
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management.
On a voluntary basis Martin a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
Learn more about him here and connect with him on Twitter or LinkedIn.