Further to a recent survey, we found that 32% of The ITAM Review audience are female which lead to me to have a discussion with Kylie Fowler, CEO of ITAM Intelligence and leader of the BCS Group. In this Podcast, we discuss women in the field of ITAM, specifically, what roles are available and how to get into the ITAM field.
- Who are ITAM Intelligence?
- The BCS Group
- Kylie’s introduction to ITAM
- Service Desk
- Different flavours of ITAM
- How to get into the field of ITAM
- What can the industry do to encourage more women into ITAM?
- How to get into contracting
Find out more about the upcoming BCS events here:
- March – UK SAM Networking Event (London)
- April – UK SAM Networking Event (Manchester)
- May – CMSG Conference 2017 (London)
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also the founder of ITAM Forum, a not-for-profit trade body for the ITAM industry created to raise the profile of the profession and bring an organisational certification to market. On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
He is also the author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management. In addition, Martin developed the PITAM training course and certification.
Prior to founding the ITAM Review in 2008 Martin worked for Centennial Software (Ivanti), Silicon Graphics, CA Technologies and Computer 2000 (Tech Data).
When not working, Martin likes to Ski, Hike, Motorbike and spend time with his young family.
Connect with Martin on LinkedIn.