In this Podcast I am joined by Tomás O’Leary, Founder & CEO of Origina – Gold Sponsors of our UK & US 2017 Conferences, to discuss recent ongoings in the Software Market including some cases of large software companies battling with the courts.
- Lexmark Print Cartridge Refill – Kicked out by Supreme Court ruling
- Digital Millennial Copyright Act
- Software industry – Wild West, Zero Rules
- Secondary Market
- ‘If I buy something I expect it to be mine’
- Where is IBM heading?
- 100 year business plans – building businesses that can shrink as quick as they grow
- Ongoing spat with Oracle
- Third party market
- Russia, Trump and Nationalism in software choices
- IBM audit anticipation
- Airbnb market cap versus Hilton
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management.
On a voluntary basis Martin a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
Learn more about him here and connect with him on Twitter or LinkedIn.