In this Podcast, I am joined by Charlotte Craven, IT Contract and Licenses Manager at Cambridge Assessment. Charlotte recently reviewed my book (coming soon) and gave some feedback not only on the book but her journey in Licensing, so I was keen to get her onto a Podcast to dig into this.
- Getting into IT and making the leap into a SAM role
- Tips for beginners
- Charming procurement and sourcing data
- Top 10 spend and getting started
- Reporting lines
- The complexity of the role and educating end users
- The preferred asset list / catalogue
- Self doubt versus reality when starting in SAM
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management.
On a voluntary basis Martin a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
Learn more about him here and connect with him on Twitter or LinkedIn.