Dear ITAM Review readers,
A couple of updates on new initiatives at The ITAM Review:
Continuing to Listen
We pride ourselves on continually listening to your feedback and publishing content based on your suggestions; the sessions from our conferences, the training we provide and articles we publish are based on one simple question: “What do you need help with or what is keeping you up at night?”
In order to continually improve this process we’ve introduced a couple of new initiatives:
- Suggestion Box – On the top of the sidebar on every single page of The ITAM Review and the footer of every single email we send from now on is a suggestion box. If you have a suggestion, complaint or need help simply drop a suggestion into this box. Anonymously if required.
- Advisory Boards – we are setting up small (~ 6 ITAM Professionals for each in USA, UK and Australia) advisory panels to support our three major conferences and publishing program. These advisory boards are designed to ensure we are delivering conferences and content that are relevant to our audience. We’ll be sending out invitations to join the advisory boards, in the meantime if you would like to get involved please contact me. Our first advisory board will be at our Sydney conference at the end of November. In return for helping us deliver relevant resources to worldwide ITAM professionals, advisory board members will receive a free ticket to conferences, network with peers and gain early access to research and initiatives from The ITAM Review community.
In terms of subjects and key themes for 2018 we are aiming towards:
- Advanced ITAM topics to build upon our 12 Box / Practical ITAM foundation
- Hardware Asset Management (Physical and Virtual)
- And how ITAM can help Cyber Security
2018 marks our tenth anniversary (Stay tuned for the party invite!). To support our continued growth and interest in the ITAM market we are looking to expand our team with three new positions:
- Marketing Manager – Experienced with marketing events and online media, we’re looking for our first marketing hire. A data driven marketing professional that can help us continue to increase our audience and spread the word about the benefits of ITAM to the wider world. We’ve managed to reach 1.3 million views a year without a marketing person – imagine what we could achieve if we knew what we were doing!
- Account Manager – Working with our international network of end user customers and partners, we’re looking for a sales account manager to help us manage opportunities for our events, training and verification services.
- ITAM Analyst and Technical Assessor – Finally, we’re looking for a hands-on ITAM Analyst that can not only be an evangelist and spokesperson for the ITAM Industry, but also roll up their sleeves and technically assess and independently critique the business value of ITAM tools and service providers. The ideal candidate will have an unhealthy obsession with the topic of ITAM, experience at the rock face of implementation and hands-on technical experience implementing and testing tools.
Benefits of working with our team include a competitive salary, a family friendly / flexible/work at home schedule (we have no physical office), around 35 days holiday (25 plus two scheduled ‘shut-down’ weeks) and annual trips to USA, Australia and London.
If you would like to discuss any of these roles further please contact me directly (martin . thompson @ itassetmanagement . net).
Thanks for your continued support. Cheers, Martin
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management.
On a voluntary basis Martin a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
Learn more about him here and connect with him on Twitter or LinkedIn.