Ahead of our Australian conference in a couple of weeks time I spoke with Eric Chiu of HW Fisher and Glynn Thomas of Software Sense on IBM Licensing and IBM’s current approach to audits (Meet both Glynn and Eric in Sydney in November).
Whether IBM is dying or pivoting – Audits are getting more desperate
- Passport Advantage
- The three main product groups
- Acquisitions and blue washing
- Legacy contracts and IBM standard contracts
- Enterprise Agreements
- Sub-capacity representing 60% – 75% of IBM spend
- PVU rating and ILMT failings / gotchas
- IBM current audit activity and the role of SAM
- Whether IBM is dying or pivoting – audits are getting more desperate
- What to do if there is a dispute
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also the founder of ITAM Forum, a not-for-profit trade body for the ITAM industry created to raise the profile of the profession and bring an organisational certification to market. On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
He is also the author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management. In addition, Martin developed the PITAM training course and certification.
Prior to founding the ITAM Review in 2008 Martin worked for Centennial Software (Ivanti), Silicon Graphics, CA Technologies and Computer 2000 (Tech Data).
When not working, Martin likes to Ski, Hike, Motorbike and spend time with his young family.
Connect with Martin on LinkedIn.