Licensing Oracle in a VMware environment can be full of risks and requires deep understanding and careful planning to ensure compliance.
Join Rich Gibbons, Microsoft Licensing Analyst from The ITAM Review and Richard Spithoven of B-lay on this interactive webinar – ‘The definitive guide to Oracle on VMware’, which will be broadcasting live at 3pm GMT on 14th March 2018 as we cover what you need to know about licensing Oracle on VMware whilst maintaining compliance and managing costs.
- Server Partitioning & Virtualization
- Hard Partitioning & Oracle Trusted Partitions – which virtualization technologies are accepted by Oracle to license the sub-capacity of a server or cluster of servers?
- Soft Partitioning, like VMware – which virtualization technologies are NOT accepted by Oracle to license the sub-capacity of a physical server or cluster of servers?
- VMware 5.0, VMware 5.1 – 5.5, VMware 6.0 and higher? How to count the required number of Oracle licenses on different VMware platforms
- Oracle’s contractual proposition with regards to VMware? Where does Oracle base themselves on contractually with respect to licensing its software on VMware?
- Non-standard agreements with regards to VMware? What kind of non-standard language can be agreed upon with Oracle to license your Oracle programs on VMware in a different manner?
Who Should Attend
- Senior IT Decision Makers
- IT Asset Managers
- Software Asset Managers
- Software Licensing Specialists
- IT Procurement Professionals
- Cost – This Webinar is FREE.
- Convenience -You can participate in the webinar from a location of your choosing. No travelling/ travel costs involved.
- Interaction – You have the opportunity to communicate and ask questions with the presenter and peers