How Artificial Intelligence is being applied to ITAM.
In this podcast I’m joined by Nick Youell of Scalable Software.
Topics covered include:
- Intro to Nick and Scalable Software
- Building products in the cloud
- A usage based approach to optimisation
- AWS optimisation and eating one’s own dog food
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence applied to ITAM
- Google Deepmind vs. Go – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tq1C8spV_g
- Running agentless scans of vms to identify the use of systems
- sky net – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skynet_(Terminator)
Podcast back catalogue: https://www.itassetmanagement.net/category/podcasts/
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also the founder of ITAM Forum, a not-for-profit trade body for the ITAM industry created to raise the profile of the profession and bring an organisational certification to market. On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
He is also the author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management. In addition, Martin developed the PITAM training course and certification.
Prior to founding the ITAM Review in 2008 Martin worked for Centennial Software (Ivanti), Silicon Graphics, CA Technologies and Computer 2000 (Tech Data).
When not working, Martin likes to Ski, Hike, Motorbike and spend time with his young family.
Connect with Martin on LinkedIn.