We were shocked to hear, at our Australian Conference in November 2018, of an ITAM Review reader being diagnosed with terminal prostate cancer.
So, I would like to dedicate this year’s charity efforts to Gary, an ITAM Review community supporter and active member of the ITAM ecosystem in Australia.
1 man in 9 will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in his lifetime and it particularly impacts men over 50. Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in American men, behind lung cancer. So, given our average reader is a forty something American male, we thought we’d do our bit to raise awareness to help men catch it early.
Do yourself a favour, learn a little about Prostate cancer
Do yourself a favour, learn a little about prostate cancer – for you or one of your loved ones.
What are the symptoms of prostate cancer?
Prostate Cancer Symptoms Never to Ignore
- A Noticeable burning while urinating or during ejaculation
- A frequent need to urinate
- Blood in urine
- Blood in semen
- Pain in the bones
- Erectile dysfunction
- Difficulty starting or stopping a stream of urine
- Inability to urinate standing up
- Weak or decreased flow in your urinary stream
- Difficulty starting urination or a need to hold back while urinating
- Pain and discomfort in the pelvic area, lower back or upper thighs
2019 Three Trek Challenge
I’m attempting a three-trek challenge to raise money for Prostate Cancer UK. All money raised will go directly to the charity.
- The Alps Trek (June 2019, 48km) – visiting France, Switzerland and Italy in three days
- Hadrian’s Wall (September 2019, 40km) – Built by the Roman Emperor Hadrian in AD122, the most remarkable Roman monument in the UK
- Angkor Wat, Cambodia (October 2019,94km) – Finishing the three-trek challenge in one of the most renowned and impressive sights in Southeast Asia
Please help fund research to stop prostate cancer killing men
In the UK Simply Text ITAM50 £5 to 70070 to sponsor me today.
Or visit my JustGiving page:
I’m also seeking shirt sponsors. See my Great Wall of China shirt here: https://www.itassetmanagement.net/2017/11/09/great-wall/
Please contact me to discuss further or get involved.
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management.
On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
Learn more about him here and connect with him on Twitter or LinkedIn.