Our SAP License Management Standard for SAP has been updated to reflect changes in SAP licensing since 2017.
The criteria published below are an open standard i.e. If I want to invest in tooling to manage the risk and cost of SAP licensing in my environment – what should I be looking for?
We are publishing this standard so that others may add or critique it – please provide your feedback via the comments below and we will update the standard accordingly.
The ITAM Review will use this standard to certify tools and service providers for SAP License Management.
SAP License Management Standard V2.0
- How does your implementation help organisations identify and remove inactive SAP users?
- How does your implementation help organisations identify and remove duplicate users?
- How does your implementation allow organisations to assign the correct user type against active users and authorisations?
- Once an initial baseline and compliance position is reached with SAP – How does your implementation support your organisation with on-going monitoring and optimisation of SAP licensing?
- How does your implementation help organisations identify and manage indirect access / digital access to SAP products?
- How does your solution help organisations manage SAP licensing against specific business metrics / SAP packages?
- How does your solution help organisations manage S/4Hana, both on-premises and in the cloud?
- V1.0 Published October 2017
- V2.0 Published October 2019 (Text changed since V1.0 is in bold above)
ITAM Review Verified SAP License Management Tools
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management.
On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
Learn more about him here and connect with him on Twitter or LinkedIn.