ITAM Leadership Profile
Sherry is a ITAM industry thought leader and contributor. Sherry runs her own Management Consulting practice, runs the world’s longest standing ITAM user group and also contributes to ISO standards.
“The Canadian IT Asset Management Users’ Group is a non-profit organization, established in 1992 in response to customer issues with certain vendor practices and rising software costs, and a shared interest to formulate a collective response to same.”
Further information here: https://www.tam-inc.com/citamug.html
In this podcast we discussed a number of topics including what is the difference between a contractor, a consultant and a management consultant in the ITAM industry?
- Sherry’s background
- The role of escrow and SAM
- Changes in 24 years of ITAM
- The difference between contractor, consultant and management consultant
- Canadian ITAM users group
- Advice on starting out as a management consultant
- ISO WG21 Group
- Why ITAM is more than just asset tracking
- Global software audit activity levels
- The confidence to scrutinise supplier data
- Points of failure for ITAM practices
- ITAM Definitions (Software License Compliance, Software License Management)
All previous podcasts can be found here:https://www.itassetmanagement.net/podcast/
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also the founder of ITAM Forum, a not-for-profit trade body for the ITAM industry created to raise the profile of the profession and bring an organisational certification to market. On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
He is also the author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management. In addition, Martin developed the PITAM training course and certification.
Prior to founding the ITAM Review in 2008 Martin worked for Centennial Software (Ivanti), Silicon Graphics, CA Technologies and Computer 2000 (Tech Data).
When not working, Martin likes to Ski, Hike, Motorbike and spend time with his young family.
Connect with Martin on LinkedIn.