The ITAM Review Monthly Radio Show for January 2020 starring:
The opinions expressed on the Radio show are those of individuals and not their employers.
- IBM no longer supporting Windows 2008, Difference between sub capacity and full capacity and likely impact, reconfiguring IBM software to accommodate full capacity licensing
- German government paying 800K to maintain Windows 7
- Oracle taking Java direct
- See https://www.itassetmanagement.net/2020/01/23/itam-industry-news-roundup-january-2020/
- Google vs Oracle
- Bricked Sonos speakers, IoT resilience and the ITAM challenges of the future
- Emotional attachment to assets and the end of asset sweating
- Elizabeth’s letter – how often should we inventory our estate to check for rogue or unauthorised software installs?
- Job of the week, Head of SAM Operations, Zurich Insurance
- Jargon Buster: IT Asset Disposal versus IT Asset Disposition
Podcast back catalogue: https://www.itassetmanagement.net/podcast/
This month’s Radio show podcast from The ITAM Review. We record the podcast on the fourth Friday of the month in the UK. If you have any ideas for news, tip-offs, discussion topics or to join as a guest please email us at email@example.com.
You can either listen to the podcast directly on your device using your preferred podcast player or directly via the web via soundcloud. Search ITAM Review Podcast on your podcast player or use the links below. If you need any help listening in please contact us.
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management.
On a voluntary basis Martin a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
Learn more about him here and connect with him on Twitter or LinkedIn.