The Travelex ransomware attack demonstrates the perils of IT mismanagement for digitised companies. In this month’s radio show the team discuss how the Travelex attack happened and the role of IT Asset Management teams.
The ITAM Review Monthly Radio Show for January 2020 starring:
- Martin Thompson
- AJ Witt
- Brett Zurbrick
- Danny Begg
- David Foxen
- Kylie Fowler
- Rory Canavan
- Geoff Worsley
The opinions expressed on the Radio show are those of individuals and not their employers.
- Travelex ransomware attack
- Cyber-crime profits reached $3.5BN in 2019, says FBI
- Scaremongering of the month: VMware Licensing Change
- Flexera 2020 State of Tech Spend: IT Spending Benchmarks and Trends ()
- Job of the week: First Haiwaiin Bank
- Barry raising money for Alzheimer’s Society
- Jargon Buster: IaaS, PaaS, SaaS via the medium of cake (See also Pizza as a service)
Podcast back catalogue: https://www.itassetmanagement.net/podcast/
This month’s Radio show podcast from The ITAM Review. We record the podcast on the fourth Friday of the month in the UK. If you have any ideas for news, tip-offs, discussion topics or to join as a guest please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can either listen to the podcast directly on your device using your preferred podcast player or directly via the web via soundcloud. Search ITAM Review Podcast on your podcast player or use the links below. If you need any help listening in please contact us.
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management.
On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
Learn more about him here and connect with him on Twitter or LinkedIn.