In the ITAM Review radio show for September 2020 the team discuss all the latest ITAM industry news.
- Kudos to Slack for their fair billing policy and auto-refunds (Microsoft, are you listening?). brought to us via a discussion by Ryan Neu at Vendr.
- IBM provide some guidelines for software within containers, as per normal with IBM, yes you can run IBM software in containers but only if they can run their software to track you using it. An audit tripwire for the future. Brand new tech, same old IBM.
- Publishers auditing hospitals during a pandemic
- Jargon Buster: Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Software and Hardware Asset Manager at Whitbread
- Remote workers – who pays for the infrastructure
- Sunrise firefighters in court again
- Google vs Oracle in Supreme Court
- Returning physical media when you terminate the contract
The ITAM Review Monthly Radio Show for July 2020 starring:
The opinions expressed on the Radio show are those of individuals and not their employers.
Podcast back catalogue: https://www.itassetmanagement.net/podcast/
This month’s Radio show podcast from The ITAM Review. We record the podcast on the fourth Friday of the month in the UK. If you have any ideas for news, discussion topics or to join as a guest please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can either listen to the podcast directly on your device using your preferred podcast player or directly via the web via soundcloud. Search ITAM Review Podcast on your podcast player or use the links below. If you need any help listening in please contact us.
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also the founder of ITAM Forum, a not-for-profit trade body for the ITAM industry created to raise the profile of the profession and bring an organisational certification to market. On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
He is also the author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management. In addition, Martin developed the PITAM training course and certification.
Prior to founding the ITAM Review in 2008 Martin worked for Centennial Software (Ivanti), Silicon Graphics, CA Technologies and Computer 2000 (Tech Data).
When not working, Martin likes to Ski, Hike, Motorbike and spend time with his young family.
Connect with Martin on LinkedIn.