In the lead-up to our APAC conference on the 24th and 25th November I spoke with Sandy Vouch of The Mastermind Group (TMG) in Melbourne, Australia. TMG won Partner of the Year 2020 in the ITAM Review Excellence Awards.
In this podcast, topics include:
- Falling into ITAM
- Selling ITAM to new recruits
- Building graduate programs and the key traits to look for
- ITAM and Stakeholders – ITAM is sat on a mountain of value!
- Making a name for yourself and getting started in your ITAM career
- Security concerns during COVID-19 and the role of ITAM in addressing risk
- The changing commercial landscape for ITAM services during the pandemic
- Learning from 2008
- Finding meaning in work
Connect with Sandy at the upcoming APAC conference on the 24th and 25th November (Free, Registration Required).
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also the founder of ITAM Forum, a not-for-profit trade body for the ITAM industry created to raise the profile of the profession and bring an organisational certification to market. On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
He is also the author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management. In addition, Martin developed the PITAM training course and certification.
Prior to founding the ITAM Review in 2008 Martin worked for Centennial Software (Ivanti), Silicon Graphics, CA Technologies and Computer 2000 (Tech Data).
When not working, Martin likes to Ski, Hike, Motorbike and spend time with his young family.
Connect with Martin on LinkedIn.