Both Diederik and Wouter have extensive ITAM experience and have been working with organisations as they move to the cloud, and I have been presenting about the synergy between ITAM & FinOps since 2019, so there are plenty of great insights in this podcast.
There’s plenty to say about this area of growing importance and, in these 55 minutes (which fly by!), we cover a range of topics including:
- What is FinOps and why is it important?
- How does FinOps impact ITAM – and vice versa?
- Will FinOps make ITAM obsolete?
- Why ITAM should be represented in the FinOps team?
- Why ITAM will benefit from a solid FinOps practice?
- How to build bridges between ITAM & FinOps?
- Where and when to start with FinOps?
Working with FinOps can be a great opportunity for ITAM to demonstrate the value it can bring to modern organisations and it’s definitely important to get it right. I hope this podcast will give you the info and impetus to take the next steps and further increase the links between these two business disciplines.
To help you out even more, download our new “ITAM Manager’s Guide to FinOps” here.
About Rich Gibbons
A Northerner renowned for his shirts, Rich is a big Hip-Hop head, and loves travel, football in general (specifically MUFC), baseball, Marvel, and reading as many books as possible. Finding ways to combine all of these with ITAM & software licensing is always fun!
Connect with Rich on Twitter or LinkedIn.