Open source database company MariaDB Corporation has been named as a ‘challenger’ by Gartner in the 2015 Magic Quadrant for Operational Database Management Systems (ODBMS). Oracle is not the only fruit: According to Gartner, MariaDB showed strong growth in its ability to execute...
Author: Adrian Bridgwater
iFixit is a company on a mission — and that mission is to teach the world how to repair everything they own. But says the firm, a successful repair often hinges on consumers and users at every level having access to quality replacement parts. Oh yes… all this work is...
Every professional calling should have a corresponding level of vocational education programmes devoted to ensuring best practice DNA is disseminated throughout each industry field — and, thankfully, asset management is not excluded from this truth. A new degree of hope: go...
Given the massive shift the IT world is currently experiencing towards more service-focused delivery of all compute resources, it should come as no surprise to find money and profitability channels being openly analysed at this time. Among the sensitivity points today we see that...
A new promotional report entitled ‘The BYOD Trojan Horse: Dangerous Mobile App Behaviours & Back-door Security Risks’ suggests that that enterprises are not doing enough to understand which mobile app behaviour(s) hitting their data networks are the most risky. Beware back-door...
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has issued NHS Surrey with a monetary penalty of £200,000 after more than 3,000 patient records were found on a second hand computer bought through an online auction site. The sensitive information was inadvertently left on the computer...
Matt Fisher is business development director at software asset management and license management tools company License Dashboard. As an industry spokesperson Fisher has been critical in the past of the BSA’s (BSA | The Software Alliance) so-called “attack dog” tactics, which...
This contributed piece to the ITAM Review is actually entitled in full — “Five misconceptions of software licensing that prevent CIOs from achieving the cost savings they could” — it comes from Andrew Hillier, CTO and co-founder of CiRBA, a company that makes a capacity...
This is a guest contributed piece to the ITAM Review by Seann Gardiner, EMEA sales director of Dell Software Group. A looming deadline awaits… In the IT world, there is a looming deadline that businesses of all sizes have to face up to. Windows XP is still installed across almost...
SureCloud has brought a business analytics (BI) proposition into its IT Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution portfolio. The SureCloud platform will now be augmented with a BI tool designed to help organisations gain insight into areas of supply...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- ITAM Forum expands chapter network, volunteers required
- Crowdsourced Favourites – Most read news from 2021
- Would you like a quality stamp for your ITAM management system?
- ITAM & the Log4J vulnerability
- How ITAM drives establishment of an IT Circular Economy
- “This is an industry on the verge of very soon exploding”
- Software-enforced obsolescence undermines Microsoft’s sustainability credentials
- SAP HANA database: Managing spend & risk
- Are legacy software vendors unfairly distorting the cloud?
- Global Reader Survey Results – Audit Defence, FinOps and SaaS in hot demand
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process