Magical Jelly Bean License Key Finder This article has been contributed by Richard Thompson, founder member of Central Technology, a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner who frequently manage SAM reviews for customers. We all know that Microsoft ‘SAM Review’ can be translated...
Author: Guest Contributor
Ori Kaplan This article was written and contributed by Ori Kaplan, Support Manager at OpenLM. Floating Software Licensing is a method of sharing a limited number of licensed applications throughout an organization (or part of it). Floating licenses are normally more expensive than...
Audits don’t have to be a headache This article has been contributed by Christof Beaupoil, President and Co-founder, Aspera Technologies Inc. Software compliance audits are always an inconvenience for the affected companies, especially when it comes to time and money. In conjunction...
This article has been contributed by Thomas Trenz, CEO at JDisc. More and more companies adapt their IT processes to the ITIL best practices to increase the efficiency of their IT service management. According to Wikipedia, ITIL “is a set of practices for IT service management (ITSM)...
Anne Watson This article was contributed by Anne Watson, Senior Systems Engineer/Altiris Consultant at Intuitive Technology Group. In my experience, IT Asset Management (ITAM) is rarely embarked upon as a proactive initiative. Adopting this program is often the result of a software...
Brian Johnson Ahead of the IAITAM Spring Conference, and his presentation on “ITIL – where is the strategy?”, Brian Johnson, Vice President at CA Technologies talks about the requirement for an IT service management strategy. To maintain market competitiveness,...
“It’s possible to hit a moving target so long as you take the time to aim.” This article has been contributed by Jonathon Kirby, Content Development Specialist at IAITAM. Software licensing and its difficulties have been discussed at length and have been one of the focal...
This article has been contributed by Jelle Wijndelts, SAM consultant at Snow Software. Many vendors and consultants have actively supported the adoption of standards amongst the SAM community and been members of the WG21 working group responsible for the creation of ISO 19770-1 since...
Steve Covert This article is an interview with Stephen Covert, Manager of Vendor Services at Highlights for Children, Inc, and is based on his recent presentation “ITAM is the first step in negotiating with Microsoft” at the IAITAM Fall conference last month. So what...
Stephen Becker This article is an interview with Stephen Becker, IT Asset Manager at Seagate Technology LLC, and is based on his recent presentation “Communications, the key to success or failure” at the IAITAM Fall conference earlier this month. So what exactly is your...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Quick Guide to IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) accreditations and certifications
- What is a software license?
- What is Secondary Software?
- Annual ITAM Review Excellence Awards – 2021 Winners Announced
- What is 3rd Party Support?
- The value ITAM brings to the Service Desk
- Incident, Problem and Change Defined
- To win at ITAM, pick a sweet spot
- Microsoft 365 SaaS prices increase by up to 25%
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)