91% of businesses find enterprise software ownership too expensive This article has been contributed by Adrian Foxall, CEO of Rimo3. Are unused applications eating away at your bottom line? Struggling to get a grip on Software Asset Management? With 80% of UK businesses paying...
Author: Guest Contributor
This article has been contributed by Vincent Brasseur of Flexera Software. On May 6th 2013 Adobe has announced that it will move away from perpetual licenses for Creative Suite products. Following this announcement, since June 17th 2013, all new Creative Suite products are now only...
Kris Barker This article has been contributed by Kris Barker, CEO and co-founder of Express Metrix, a leading provider of IT and software asset management tools, and curator of the industry’s first and only Software Audit Forum. CFOs and their peers can be a tough sell when...
Ahead of the Gartner IT Financial, Procurement & Asset Management Summit 2013, 11-12 September in London, Gartner research vice president Stewart Buchanan explains how organisations need better IT asset management controls to prevent unexpected costs outweighing the benefits of...
After days of reporting, financial discussions, and negotiations with different stakeholders, all your software licensing is in order. The IT team has a firm grip on which users have access to which versions of which applications, while the CFO is happy because the license costs...
Brett Husselbaugh The following comment piece is contributed by Brett Husselbaugh, CEO and founder of eTelligent Solutions, an IT Asset Management company. Many organizations are evaluating or are in the process of creating a self-service software portal. The driver is typically...
This article has been contributed by Mark Flynn, UK Managing Director at Snow Software. Vanity purchases for enterprise users Will middle management come clean if they understand how expensive ill-considered purchases can be? Enthusiasm is one of the greatest human traits and we should...
David Foxen, Software Asset Manager This article has been contributed by David Foxen, a Software Asset Manager in the UK Note: For the relevance of the article it is important to note that David is aged 23. When a teacher asks their students what they want to be when they grow...
This article has been contributed by Kevin McGrew of AssetGurus. IT Asset Management consulting is an exercise in showing domain expertise to IT managers with no time, no budget and no tolerance for sales speak. Key to winning business is a familiarity with existing asset management...
RFID chip next to a grain of rice (via Wikipedia) This article has been contributed by Jackie Luo, CEO of E-ISG Asset Intelligence. RFID’s application in data centres is on the way to becoming a $1 billion business. A new survey released by Frost & Sullivan says that the RFID...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Quick Guide to IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) accreditations and certifications
- What is a software license?
- What is Secondary Software?
- Annual ITAM Review Excellence Awards – 2021 Winners Announced
- What is 3rd Party Support?
- The value ITAM brings to the Service Desk
- Incident, Problem and Change Defined
- To win at ITAM, pick a sweet spot
- Microsoft 365 SaaS prices increase by up to 25%
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know