This article has been contributed by Rob Horwitz of Directions on Microsoft. Customers who acquire a license for a particular product version and edition may deploy an earlier version or different edition in its place under certain circumstances. These licensing rules, called...
Author: Guest Contributor
Does your MDM software include support for the Apple ASVPP Program? This article has been contributed by Stephen Midgley, Vice President Global Marketing at Absolute Software. In this article Stephen explains how to securely navigate the BYOD landscape. Recent research into mobile...
This article has been contributed by Daryl Ullman from Emerset. The article is an extract from Daryl’s recently updated book ‘Negotiating with Microsoft‘. How to set up the optimal negotiating team Preparing for a volume licensing agreement with a software vendor is a cross-company...
How to Build Your ITAM Roadmap This article has been contributed by Mara Zeldin of Alsbridge. REGISTER FOR THE ITAM REVIEW NEWSLETTER TO DOWNLOAD THIS GUIDE AS A PDF. Introduction If you are like most IT professionals today you are under constant pressure to reduce costs. After...
Kacey Weinberg, Aspera This article has been contributed by Kacey Weinberg of Aspera. The focus was education for the recent IBSMA SAM Summit in Chicago. The content was strictly software asset management, in a relatively intimate setting (the number of attendees is limited). And...
"...the spread of ‘fear, uncertainty and doubt’ (FUD) is still the preferred choice of weapon by major software vendors" This article has been contributed by Noel Unwin of Discount-Licensing.com Part One – Industry Dynamics Part Two -Demystifying the Mist Part...
SAP founders: Klaus Tschira, Hasso Plattner, Dietmar Hopp (from left to right) in 1982 This article has been contributed by Chris Hughes of Flexera Software. SAP engines (also known as packages) are optional applications for which additional licenses must be purchased. The metric...
"Be Prepared" This article has been contributed by Daryl Ullman from Emerset. The article is an extract from Daryl’s recently updated book ‘Negotiating with Microsoft‘. While individual users purchase a license or two from a supplier or perhaps from the...
Demystifying the Mist Surrounding Second-hand Software This article has been contributed by Noel Unwin of Discount-Licensing.com Part One – Industry Dynamics Part Two -Demystifying the Mist Part Three – The Legalities Part 2 of 3: Demystifying the Mist Having taken...
"Intune to Handle Mobile Devices" This article has been contributed by Don Retallack, Analyst at Directions on Microsoft. Don analyzes and writes about Microsoft’s systems management and security offerings, including System Center and Forefront products. Intune Update...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Quick Guide to IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) accreditations and certifications
- What is a software license?
- What is Secondary Software?
- Annual ITAM Review Excellence Awards – 2021 Winners Announced
- What is 3rd Party Support?
- The value ITAM brings to the Service Desk
- Incident, Problem and Change Defined
- To win at ITAM, pick a sweet spot
- Microsoft 365 SaaS prices increase by up to 25%
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know