Following the recent announcement by U.S. Micro that it is to become the exclusive provider of ITAD services to Macquarie Equipment Finance’s (MEF) North American customers, I spoke with Herb Biggers, Chairman of the Board, and Jim Kegley, Founder, President and CEO of U.S. Micro...
Author: Martin Chalkley
The relationship between IT asset management, finance and procurement is the subject of the upcoming Gartner summit (10-11 October in London) and builds on recent research into the growing importance and inter-relation of these three topics. So with this in mind here are some thoughts...
North America Leading the Way in ITAD At the IAITAM Annual Conference and Exhibition in Las Vegas last October there was a significant depth of interest in ITAD; an ITAD Vendor was a platinum sponsor of the conference, a whole track with many interesting sessions was devoted to ITAD,...
Building Long Term Mutually Beneficial Relationships By Martin Chalkley, Regular columnist and ITAM Review Analyst. See other articles from Martin here. Asset Management as a discipline is likely to touch not only several internal stakeholders and customers, but also a number...
By Martin Chalkley, ITAM Review Analyst. See other articles from Martin here. If you want to reduce cost, owning the budget is the first step It’s an all too familiar story, taking care of someone else’s finances is not always as important as looking after your own. Having the...
Steve Fowler, AstuteIT This article has been contributed by Steve Fowler of AstuteIT. Martin Chalkley’s first article advocating process and behavioral change to aid printing efficiency, rather than outsourcing to a Managed Print Services provider, resonated with my own findings...
Magna Carta Memorial, Runnymede, UK By Martin Chalkley, ITAM Review Analyst. See other articles from Martin here. For the last 8 months or so there has been an interesting forum discussion on the LinkedIn Group – IACCM Contract and Commercial Management, the subject title being...
This is the second article from ITAM Review Analyst Martin Chalkley. See other articles from Martin here. Mobile telephony, be it straight mobile phones, Blackberries or Data Cards is one area which can yield surprising savings. These days all these devices have become de-facto...
Changing Print Behaviour This is the first article from ITAM Review Analyst Martin Chalkley. When it comes to cost management there are some areas where it is believed that savings will be made by transitioning to a managed service as all the internal options have been reviewed. ...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Adobe to acquire Figma
- ITAM & decoupling: Smart Fringe Solutions for a Better World
- Is there an ITAM talent crisis?
- Build the business case for ITAM (part 2)
- As IT spending shifts to the cloud, ITAM must evolve
- Wisdom Unplugged: What’s it all about Rich?
- Build the business case for ITAM (part 1)
- ITAM Review becomes patron of ITAM Forum
- Opentext acquires Micro Focus: Audits ahead?
- Torii awarded ITAM Review certification for Enterprise SaaS Management
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Is there an ITAM talent crisis?
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- What’s the difference between ITAM, SAM and HAM?
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process