Log4Shell – aka Log4J – is the latest software vulnerability to be discovered and, according to the Guardian, it could be the worst one to appear for several years. The CEO of Tenable called it “the single biggest, most critical vulnerability of the last decade” while...
Author: Rich Gibbons
This article was provided by Becki Riall, Senior SAP Licensing Consultant with JNC Consulting. SAP HANA is an in-memory database developed by SAP and was originally introduced in 2010. The adoption rate is growing due to customers migrating to S/4HANA. S/4HANA is SAP’s next generation...
A new report, commissioned by CISPE (Cloud Infrastructure Services Providers in Europe), sees Professor Frédéric Jenny looking into the “prevalence and impact” of alleged unfair licensing terms from software vendors – with particular relation to the cloud. CISPE believe that...
Oracle v Envisage Earlier this year (May 2021), Oracle started legal proceedings against Envisage Technologies LLC and the case centered around alleged under-licensing in their Amazon RDS environment. What is Amazon RDS? Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) is a cloud-based Platform...
What are Microsoft assessments? According to Microsoft: “A template is a framework of controls for creating an assessment in Compliance Manager. Our comprehensive set of templates can help your organization comply with national, regional, and industry-specific requirements governing...
The day that many have been expecting/dreading is here – the first “proper” Microsoft 365 price increase has been announced. Microsoft’s logic is that, since the introduction of Office 365 in 2011, they have added 1,400 new features and twenty-four new apps. Microsoft list...
Visual Studio licensing Visual Studio subscriptions are licensed Per User with each licensed user able to use: “any number of copies of the software and any prior version on any [dedicated] device” And may use the software to: “design, develop, test, and demonstrate their programs” The...
Cloud conduct principles – realistic? April 2021 saw the release of “Ten Principles of Fair Software Licensing for Cloud Customers” by Cigref and CISPE – an attempt to bring some control and guidelines to how on-premises licenses are used in public cloud environments. Who...
Audits, acquisitions, and lawsuits There is always something happening somewhere and keeping track of it all can be, to say the least, difficult! Our ITAM industry news round ups aim to cover some of the important and interesting developments you may have missed, to help keep you...
ITAM and IaaS: Better together Multi Cloud Hydra: Flexera’s state of cloud report found that 92% of organisations are using multi-cloud…but only 33% are using multi-cloud management tools. Image Credit Flexera recently released their “State of Cloud 2021” report and, ahead...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- ITAM Forum expands chapter network, volunteers required
- Crowdsourced Favourites – Most read news from 2021
- Would you like a quality stamp for your ITAM management system?
- ITAM & the Log4J vulnerability
- How ITAM drives establishment of an IT Circular Economy
- “This is an industry on the verge of very soon exploding”
- Software-enforced obsolescence undermines Microsoft’s sustainability credentials
- SAP HANA database: Managing spend & risk
- Are legacy software vendors unfairly distorting the cloud?
- Global Reader Survey Results – Audit Defence, FinOps and SaaS in hot demand
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know
- EULA’s explained in simple terms