IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) is of increasing importance to technology governance teams, including ITAM teams. Recent high profile court cases have shown the considerable impact breaches of ITAD-related legislation can lead to, including fines, class action lawsuits, and negative reputational...
Category: IT Asset Management
The ITAM review focuses on the IT asset management field as part of our service we cover some of the latest news and stories in the area.
Below we have compiled a collection of articles around the IT asset management niche that will keep you informed of the latest developments in the area. We cover various IT asset management stories including case studies, best practice and thought leadership.
Snow on demand Snow now available via SaaS ITAM industry veteran Snow has quietly released a SaaS version of their offering. Snow writes: “Introducing Snow Atlas, the first integrated, cloud-native platform built to help organizations discover, monitor and optimize their technology...
Deloitte has published the results of a global ITAM survey. It’s a fascinating insight into modern ITAM and is probably the largest study of it’s type I’ve seen whilst writing for the ITAM Review (2,500 across 18 countries), with most senior respondents (Nearly 1/3 Board member,...
Gartner has updated their Magic Quadrant for Software Asset Management Managed Services. Managed service providers help customers with some of the heavy lifting involved in delivering ITAM within an organisation. The better providers help customer use the information gleaned to inform...
Join the Committee of Experts. Help create the first, globally-recognised organisational certification for ISO 19770
Committee of Experts – volunteers required Get involved. Join the Committee of Experts. Join your peers to help formulate what the certification scheme will look like and how conformity will be measured. Raising the profile of ITAM We all know that ISO 19770 is very useful...
Back in December 2020, the voluntary group that creates the 19770 family of standards asked for feedback from the ITAM community as it began developing guidance for how to implement ITAM. See “Poll reveals strong interest in 19770 certification.” Specifically, the request...
Cloud conduct principles – realistic? April 2021 saw the release of “Ten Principles of Fair Software Licensing for Cloud Customers” by Cigref and CISPE – an attempt to bring some control and guidelines to how on-premises licenses are used in public cloud environments. Who...
Audits, acquisitions, and lawsuits There is always something happening somewhere and keeping track of it all can be, to say the least, difficult! Our ITAM industry news round ups aim to cover some of the important and interesting developments you may have missed, to help keep you...
This article has been contributed by Astrid Wynne Rogers of Techbuyer. European international research project Circular Economy in the Data Centre Industry (CEDaCI) was granted an additional 1.245m Euros to extend its work into three more European countries in March. The project...
ITAM and IaaS: Better together Multi Cloud Hydra: Flexera’s state of cloud report found that 92% of organisations are using multi-cloud…but only 33% are using multi-cloud management tools. Image Credit Flexera recently released their “State of Cloud 2021” report and, ahead...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Change Makers Series – Desiree Weiss, Excellence Award winning SAP Consultant
- Quick Guide to IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) accreditations and certifications
- What is a software license?
- What is Secondary Software?
- Annual ITAM Review Excellence Awards – 2021 Winners Announced
- What is 3rd Party Support?
- The value ITAM brings to the Service Desk
- Incident, Problem and Change Defined
- To win at ITAM, pick a sweet spot
- Microsoft 365 SaaS prices increase by up to 25%
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide