A new report, commissioned by CISPE (Cloud Infrastructure Services Providers in Europe), sees Professor Frédéric Jenny looking into the “prevalence and impact” of alleged unfair licensing terms from software vendors – with particular relation to the cloud. CISPE believe that...
Category: IT Asset Management
The ITAM review focuses on the IT asset management field as part of our service we cover some of the latest news and stories in the area.
Below we have compiled a collection of articles around the IT asset management niche that will keep you informed of the latest developments in the area. We cover various IT asset management stories including case studies, best practice and thought leadership.
ITAM Review Podcast: Change Makers Series Sherry Irwin In the latest episode of our ITAM Review podcast Change Makers series, we speak with Sherry Irwin who received the Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2021 ITAM Excellence Awards. Sherry has spent three decades working in ITAM...
It’s been a busy six months at the ITAM Forum! As a global membership organisation for the entire ITAM community, we’ve been working hard to bring new programs and activities to life that bring value to our members. We’ve also start work on creating the world’s first ISO 19770...
COP26: From Government Pressure to Corporate Pressure – No more blah, blah, blah. A clear message from the COP26 summit in Glasgow is that large corporations are under pressure to demonstrate how they will be reaching net zero. The UN will provide mechanisms for clearer measurement,...
At a recent webinar we were asked: “How do I accurately report the value I add as a Software Asset Manager?” Specifically, the attendee was interested in strategies for accurately reflecting some of the intangible aspects of SAM, such as risk mitigation and avoidance. As a former...
This article has been contributed by Astrid Wynne Rogers of Techbuyer. David and Goliath: The lobbying power of big tech It is a long road from decision to action in the political world – and there can be some very deep potholes along the way. Whether it is reducing the intended...
IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) is of increasing importance to technology governance teams, including ITAM teams. Recent high profile court cases have shown the considerable impact breaches of ITAD-related legislation can lead to, including fines, class action lawsuits, and negative reputational...
Snow on demand Snow now available via SaaS ITAM industry veteran Snow has quietly released a SaaS version of their offering. Snow writes: “Introducing Snow Atlas, the first integrated, cloud-native platform built to help organizations discover, monitor and optimize their technology...
Deloitte has published the results of a global ITAM survey. It’s a fascinating insight into modern ITAM and is probably the largest study of it’s type I’ve seen whilst writing for the ITAM Review (2,500 across 18 countries), with most senior respondents (Nearly 1/3 Board member,...
Gartner has updated their Magic Quadrant for Software Asset Management Managed Services. Managed service providers help customers with some of the heavy lifting involved in delivering ITAM within an organisation. The better providers help customer use the information gleaned to inform...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Are legacy software vendors unfairly distorting the cloud?
- Global Reader Survey Results – Audit Defence, FinOps and SaaS in hot demand
- ”ITAM should be at a higher level in most organisations”
- ITAM Forum gains momentum and kicks of ISO certification scheme development
- COP26: From Government pressure to Corporate pressure, how ITAM can help
- Oracle audits: Amazon RDS and questionable sales tactics?
- Measuring the value of Software Asset Management
- David and Goliath: The lobbying power of big tech
- Global Reader Survey – $25 Amazon Voucher for the first 100 responses
- Microsoft 365 Compliance Assessments
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- Risk Management within ITAM
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know