Audits, acquisitions, and lawsuits There is always something happening somewhere and keeping track of it all can be, to say the least, difficult! Our ITAM industry news round ups aim to cover some of the important and interesting developments you may have missed, to help keep you...
Image by NomeVisualizzato from Pixabay Back in April 2020, we reported on the U.S. lawsuit between Micro Focus and Express Scripts concerning alleged over-deployment of Micro Focus’s terminal emulation software. I initially looked at the pretrial summary judgment proceedings and...
Thank you to everyone who contributed to our community survey back in July 2020. The results were compiled over the summer of 2020 and shared during our online conferences for EMEA, North America and APAC last year. I’m now pleased to share the results in full. This is part three...
An audit clause within a software agreement is the mechanism used by software publishers to instigate a software audit. Software is not “owned” but instead customers buy the “right to use” software. This right to use has terms and conditions, typically laid out in the software...
Thank you to everyone who contributed to our community survey back in July 2020. The results were compiled over the summer of 2020 and shared during our online conferences for EMEA, North America and APAC last year. I’m now pleased to share the results in full. This is part two...
Thank you to everyone who contributed to our community survey back in July. The results were compiled over the summer and shared during our online conferences for EMEA, North America and APAC. I’m now pleased to share the results in full. This is the first of three articles: In...
Image by Bettina Nørgaard from Pixabay This story of an audit that found its way into court last year is, originally, from 2013 but only recently came to light…and it’s a doozy! What happened? According to a whistle-blower (a former IBM employee), IBM allegedly fraudulently created...
Micro Focus International plc (LON: MCRO) tops poll of least helpful software publishers. Quelle surprise, audits are up during COVID. A recent survey of ITAM Review readers has, perhaps unsurprisingly, revealed that software publisher audits are up during the global pandemic. Micro...
The general rule is that it’s difficult to become under-licensed for SaaS applications, so you’ll be pleased to know that Microsoft have found a way when it comes to Microsoft 365 license compliance! What’s the deal? There are a significant number of Microsoft 365 security...
Earlier this year, we covered a software audit legal case between Micro Focus and their customer Express Scripts and, having read through some of the court documents, there are some enlightening points to look through. It’s great that the customer took the win but first let’s...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Change Makers Series – Desiree Weiss, Excellence Award winning SAP Consultant
- Quick Guide to IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) accreditations and certifications
- What is a software license?
- What is Secondary Software?
- Annual ITAM Review Excellence Awards – 2021 Winners Announced
- What is 3rd Party Support?
- The value ITAM brings to the Service Desk
- Incident, Problem and Change Defined
- To win at ITAM, pick a sweet spot
- Microsoft 365 SaaS prices increase by up to 25%
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know