ITAM and IaaS: Better together Multi Cloud Hydra: Flexera’s state of cloud report found that 92% of organisations are using multi-cloud…but only 33% are using multi-cloud management tools. Image Credit Flexera recently released their “State of Cloud 2021” report and, ahead...
Category: IaaS Management
Micro Focus Academic Licensing There are three agreements available for Academic institutions: VLA for Education Academic License Agreement (ALA) School License Agreement (SLA) VLA for Education For this agreement, the rules are very similar to those for the commercial VLA which...
This article looking at the benefits and dangers of multi-cloud was written by Rich Gibbons, ITAM Review, and Kevin Miller, Senior Product Marketing Manager, Flexera. It’s pretty much accepted that public cloud – aka IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) – is a big benefit to...
As public cloud (like Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure) continues to grow and more projects are shifted to Infrastructure-as-a-Service, it is increasingly likely that you will find on-premises licenses being migrated – and so a guide to licensing Oracle in the cloud will come in...
This article was written by Rich Gibbons, ITAM Review, and Heather McKay, Flexera. In the recent Flexera 2020 Digital Transformation Planning Report, 54% of organizations indicated Digital Transformation as a top priority. As organizations digitize to transform their business and...
Managing Public Cloud Thank you to Luke Whittaker, License and Configuration Analyst at Tokio Marine Kiln for sharing his views on managing public cloud. I recorded the video below at our Wisdom UK conference at Twickenham Rugby Stadium in early June 2019. Luke describes the shift...
I sat down with Patricia Adams, Senior Director of Strategy for Flexera, to talk about the cloud (primarily IaaS like Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS), what it means for existing ITAM managers, and how it will shape the future of the industry. Discussion topics include: Cloud...
Amazon AWS is the market leader for IaaS, with an ever increasing number of companies spending a seemingly ever increasing amount on Amazon’s public cloud services – the most recent being reports that Apple spends $30,000,000 a month. Amazon AWS cloud cost management is key to...
Lyft & Amazon AWS Lyft, probably the best-known Uber rival, recently filed its IPO (Initial Public Offering) documents with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and the S-1 Registration Document gives an insight into a company’s finances and throws up a couple of...
Here is the second of the ITAM Review Market Guides – this time looking at tools and services to help manage IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) in the public cloud. IaaS environments, such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS, are becoming an ever-bigger infrastructure component for...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
- And that’s a wrap: Wisdom EMEA 2022
- The skills you need to maximise earnings in ITAM
- New frontiers for the CEDaCI project
- An artist in ITAM: Interview with Laura Pedersen
- News roundup – May 2022
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- News roundup – June 2022