ITAM Review Podcast: Change Makers Series In this episode of the Change Makers podcast series, we speak with Dennis Montanje. Dennis leads the ITAM Forum’s Certification workstream, which is working to create the world’s first, globally-recognised ISO 19770 standard certification...
Category: ISO/IEC 19770
Join the Committee of Experts. Help create the first, globally-recognised organisational certification for ISO 19770
Committee of Experts – volunteers required Get involved. Join the Committee of Experts. Join your peers to help formulate what the certification scheme will look like and how conformity will be measured. Raising the profile of ITAM We all know that ISO 19770 is very useful...
Back in December 2020, the voluntary group that creates the 19770 family of standards asked for feedback from the ITAM community as it began developing guidance for how to implement ITAM. See “Poll reveals strong interest in 19770 certification.” Specifically, the request...
Thank you to everyone who took part in our t-shirt competition at the start of December. This article shares the winners of the competition and reveals strong interest in 19770 certification. Congratulations to Rachel Geer-Hughes (USA), Parpreet Singh (India) and Claire Stanton (UK)...
ITAM Review merch! T-Shirt Giveaway Enter our free t-shirt giveaway and win a limited edition ITAM Review polo shirt. Win one of three ITAM Review cotton polo shirts, whilst also contributing towards the future of the ITAM profession! By entering this competition, you are directly...
Creating implementation guidance for meeting 19770 The voluntary group that creates the 19770 family of standards is developing guidance for implementing ITAM. The group seeks feedback from anyone working in the IT Asset Management field to share their views on the sort of guidance...
ITAM in Banking Working Group We announced the launch of a new not-for-profit trade body last month, with a call for volunteers to a trustee board to oversee its operation. I’m pleased to say we’ve received a very positive response from ITAM professionals around the globe and...
This article has been contributed by Matt Stacey at QMS International. Recent Survey Highlights Shift in Business Cyber-Security Efforts The figures of the global survey of ISO management standards showed that over 2,000 Information Security Management System Certificates were...
The USA’s National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST) have published a Cyber Security Guide for ITAM. The publication was co-written with the National Cyber Security Centre of Excellence (NCCoE and provides an insight into what Security Professionals expect an Asset...
This update on ISO has been provided by David Bicket. David writes: “Edition 3 of ISO/IEC 19770-1 for Software and IT Asset Management has recently been published by ISO. It is a major advance for SAM and ITAM practitioners to increase value and reduce cost and risk for the organizations...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- ITAM Forum expands chapter network, volunteers required
- Crowdsourced Favourites – Most read news from 2021
- Would you like a quality stamp for your ITAM management system?
- ITAM & the Log4J vulnerability
- How ITAM drives establishment of an IT Circular Economy
- “This is an industry on the verge of very soon exploding”
- Software-enforced obsolescence undermines Microsoft’s sustainability credentials
- SAP HANA database: Managing spend & risk
- Are legacy software vendors unfairly distorting the cloud?
- Global Reader Survey Results – Audit Defence, FinOps and SaaS in hot demand
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process