This update on ISO activity has kindly been provided by David Bicket. See previous updates relating to ISO here: https://www.itassetmanagement.net/category/isoiec-19770/ “The Working Group responsible for international ITAM and SAM standards (ISO/IEC JTC1 SC7 WG21) met in...
Category: ISO/IEC 19770
Adobe Acrobat 9 and Creative Suite 4 were the first products to take advantage of ISO/IEC 19770-2 tags. The new Creative Cloud subscription offering from Adobe also includes swid tags. Adobe define tags as : “Software tagging is the process of maintaining a set of tag files...
‘WG21’, the working group that drives development of the SAM standard, met in Jeju Island, Korea in May. This article is an abridged summary provided by Dave Bicket. Enter Dave Bicket… “The Working Group responsible for international SAM standards (ISO/IEC JTC1 SC7 WG21) met...
Windows 8 Preview SWID Tag - CLICK TO ENLARGE Back in April we reported how Microsoft was about to embed ISO/IEC 19770-2 tags into their software (Microsoft to Embed ISO/IEC 19770-2 Software ID Tags). Now, a few months later, lo and behold Steve Klos over at Tagvault has spotted the...
Heather Young, Global Manager, SAM Services and Partners, Microsoft Corporation Great news for the SAM Industry this week. Software giant Microsoft has announced adoption of ISO/IEC 19770-2 software identification tags. Heather Young, Global Manager, SAM Services and Partners, Microsoft...
2-Year Forbearance from Vendor Audits for Certified Organizations Last year the Business Software Alliance (BSA) launched an industry training course and certification scheme based on the ISO/IEC 19770-1 SAM Standard (further details here). Today the BSA launch an ‘Organizational’...
The 2011 Best Use of Tags Contest, sponsored by TagVault and The ITAM Review, is now open for entries. The contest, now in its second year, aims to identify and recommend those SAM vendors who have clearly demonstrated the use of ISO/IEC 19770-2 tags in their technology. View...
ITAM tool vendor MagniComp has created a utility for generating ISO/IEC 19770-2 conformant software tag files. ‘Software Tag Maker’ is a free web-based application and is specifically aimed at ISV’s (Software Publishers) and IT organizations that wish to create tags. ‘Software...
Best Use of Tags 2011 This is an advanced notice that TagVault.org and The ITAM Review will be running the ‘Best Use of Tags’ contest in early 2011. The contest, now in its second year, aims to identify and recommend those SAM vendors who have clearly demonstrated the use of...
Your Help Is Required The SAM standard ISO/IEC 19770 is pivotal to the ongoing development of the SAM industry. The standard enables the industry to benefit from a commercially neutral benchmark and frame of reference on which to build SAM training, services, skills and implementations. However,...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Adobe to acquire Figma
- ITAM & decoupling: Smart Fringe Solutions for a Better World
- Is there an ITAM talent crisis?
- Build the business case for ITAM (part 2)
- As IT spending shifts to the cloud, ITAM must evolve
- Wisdom Unplugged: What’s it all about Rich?
- Build the business case for ITAM (part 1)
- ITAM Review becomes patron of ITAM Forum
- Opentext acquires Micro Focus: Audits ahead?
- Torii awarded ITAM Review certification for Enterprise SaaS Management
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Is there an ITAM talent crisis?
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- What’s the difference between ITAM, SAM and HAM?
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process