This is part three of a three-part series by Beth Kaminski. Read part one finding qualified staff and part two qualifications. Making Hires Welcome to Part 3 of Building ITAM teams (and Biscuits!). In Parts 1 and 2, we explored terminology and qualifications. Confusion can arise...
Category: IT Asset Management
The ITAM review focuses on the IT asset management field as part of our service we cover some of the latest news and stories in the area.
Below we have compiled a collection of articles around the IT asset management niche that will keep you informed of the latest developments in the area. We cover various IT asset management stories including case studies, best practice and thought leadership.
This is part two of a three-part series by Beth Kaminski. Read part one here: finding qualified staff Welcome back as we continue our exploration of building ITAM teams (and biscuits!). In Part 1, we explored how terminology can have various meanings such as is the case with the word...
Whiteboard Wednesday Episode 14: What is Virtualisation? Virtual Machines, Hypervisors and Hosts explained Whiteboard Wednesday is me, a whiteboard and learning about all things IT Asset Management (ITAM), every Wednesday! This week, Virtualisation – What are virtual machines....
Rheaply, online platform for unused assets (Source: Rheaply demo) If you have ever suffered from the problem of having to buy an asset again, because you simply can’t find the original, then Rheaply is worth investigating. Born from underutilisation of assets in University environments,...
This article has been contributed by Beth Kaminski. This is part one of a three-part series by Beth Kaminski. In this first part, Beth addresses finding qualified staff and avoiding ambiguous job postings. I am very pleased that the ITAM Review has asked me to write a series of articles...
Whiteboard Wednesday Episode 13: IT Asset Disposal vs. IT Asset Disposition Whiteboard Wednesday is me, a whiteboard and learning about all things IT Asset Management (ITAM), every Wednesday! This week, ITAD – what’s the difference between IT Asset Disposal and IT Asset...
IT Asset Managers can be critical players in IT Governance. We have the data & insight needed to support informed decision-making and an estate-wide perspective on current priorities such as eliminating technical debt and improving end-user service. This is the value provided...
Micro Focus Academic Licensing There are three agreements available for Academic institutions: VLA for Education Academic License Agreement (ALA) School License Agreement (SLA) VLA for Education For this agreement, the rules are very similar to those for the commercial VLA which...
Image by NomeVisualizzato from Pixabay Back in April 2020, we reported on the U.S. lawsuit between Micro Focus and Express Scripts concerning alleged over-deployment of Micro Focus’s terminal emulation software. I initially looked at the pretrial summary judgment proceedings and...
Win one of three ITAM Review cotton polo shirts, whilst also contributing towards our Hardware Asset Management (HAM) community survey. Thanks to Claire Stanton (Pictured), one of three winners from our last giveaway in December, posing for a selfie in her ITAM Review polo shirt! Hardware...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Microsoft 365 Compliance Assessments
- Change Makers Series – Desiree Weiss, Excellence Award winning SAP Consultant
- Quick Guide to IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) accreditations and certifications
- What is a software license?
- What is Secondary Software?
- Annual ITAM Review Excellence Awards – 2021 Winners Announced
- What is 3rd Party Support?
- The value ITAM brings to the Service Desk
- Incident, Problem and Change Defined
- To win at ITAM, pick a sweet spot
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know